Square Enix revealed the latest details on the next expansion on the way for Final Fantasy XIV as we dive into the world of Shadowbringers. Along with a very dark trailer and what appears to be a new brand of evil on the land that you’ll need to vanquish, you will essentially become Warriors of Darkness in the process. Here’s some of the details about the expansion from SE, as more will be released at the Paris Fan Festival event on February 2-3, 2019, as well as during the Tokyo Fan Festival, scheduled for March 23-24, 2019.
The new expansion will bring an abundance of new content, including a new player race, multiple new jobs, an increased level cap up, sprawling new areas, adjustments to the battle system, as well as a variety of new battle, crafter and gatherer content. In addition to these core features, a number of new systems will be introduced with Shadowbringers.
- NPC “Trust” System – Players will now be able to fight alongside familiar NPCs.
- New Game+ Feature – A feature that allows players to “replay” the FINAL FANTASY XIV main scenario stories.
- World Visit System – Players will be able to travel to other servers on the same data center and interact with more players than ever before.
As a surprise announcement, Yoshida also revealed the addition of blue mage to FINAL FANTASY XIV Online at the release of Patch 4.5. Blue mage will be available to all players that own A Realm Reborn, have reached level 50 as a Disciple of War or Magic, and have completed the 2.0 main scenario. Taking inspiration from previous FINAL FANTASY titles, the blue mage job will provide a unique solo gameplay experience in which players will learn monster actions and advance through blue mage-specific content. Blue mage will begin with a level cap of 50, and increase in the future with the addition of new content for the job.
- Square Enix Announces War of the Visions: Final Fantasy Brave Exvius
- Final Fantasy XIV's Patch 4.45 adds More Eureka and Hildibrand
- Final Fantasy XIV Gets Spooky with the All Saint's Wake Event
- Dissidia Final Fantasy NT Will Get New Battle Music in October
- Final Fantasy XIV Patch 4.4 Releases New Dungeons, Trials, and Raids
- Final Fantasy XIV is Receiveing a Major Content Update in September
- Review: AZIO R.C.K. Vintage Typewriter Keyboard - December 10, 2018
- Fortnite Streamer Arrested For Alleged Domestic Abuse During Stream - December 10, 2018
- Bethesda Softworks Celebrates DOOM’s 25th Anniversary - December 10, 2018
- A List of Winners From the Gamer’s Choice Awards - December 10, 2018
- Worldbuilding On Multiple Levels: An Interview with Patrick Rothfuss - December 10, 2018