In today’s Mister Miracle #12, the final issue, which really didn’t go where I had been expecting the last eighteen months, we do get a nod to how much of himself Tom King has put into this comic, with Mitch Gerads. He has been open as to how autobiographical the comic book has gotten, detailing the domestic lives of Scott Free and Big Barda going through pregnancy, birth and what comes afterwards… as well as visitations by the New Gods and Apokalips getting all up inside their jam. If they were even there in the first place.
With a certain change in mind… the concept of mirrors and reflection impacting upon his decision.
For Tom King to prepare us with an action of his own.
I shaved the beard. pic.twitter.com/yyhwwwYXfi
— Tom King (@TomKingTK) November 13, 2018
I do hope you like your comic books meta-textual and over easy in the morning…
MISTER MIRACLE #12 (OF 12) (MR)
(W) Tom King (A) Mitch Gerads (CA) Nick Derington
It’ll be a miracle if you can get through this mind-bending conclusion with your sanity intact! After his epic battle with Darkseid, Scott Free sees life a whole new way: he’s the new Highfather of New Genesis, and he’s madly in love with his wife and child. But what if it’s all a lie? Did Mister Miracle really escape death way back in issue #1? No one really knows but Tom King and Mitch Gerads!
In Shops: Nov 14, 2018
- Thank FOC It’s Sunday #7 – That Was The Week That Was - December 16, 2018
- Win a Private Tour of DC Comics’ Archive for LGBTQ Charity - December 16, 2018
- Hindus Call For Apology From Marvel Over Uncanny X-Men #5 - December 16, 2018
- Bleeding Cool Bestseller List 16th December 2018 – Batman Damned Beats The One Who Laughs - December 16, 2018
- Monica’s Gang/DC Comics Crossover Published in Brazil - December 16, 2018