This morning, Microsoft release their plans for the November update coming to Xbox One, most of which affects what you can do with the console. Aside from the already mentioned mouse and keyboard update, the company has added updates to the search bar, Amazon’s music app, and new Cortana and Alexa updates. We have the bullet points below, but you can check out more details here.
- Mouse and Keyboard Support for Xbox One: With support for mouse and keyboard, developers can now choose how mouse and keyboard input will be designed for their games. “Fortnite” and “Warframe” will be supported at launch, with additional titles adding support in November and in the future. Additionally, we’re partnering with Razer to offer gamers the optimal mouse and keyboard experience through an all new ‘Designed for Xbox’ mouse and keyboard, built from the ground up for gaming on Xbox One or Windows 10 with a dedicated Xbox key and new Xbox Dynamic Lighting. Tune into CES 2019 to learn more about the Razer-created ‘Designed for Xbox’ mouse and keyboard.
- Xbox Skill for Cortana and Alexa Updates: The Xbox Skill for Cortana and Alexa will receive updates based on fan feedback including improved commands for Xbox Skill for Cortana, Xbox Skill for Alexa support in U.K. (EN-GB), and new commands added including the ability to fully close a game or app and a new navigation mode.
- Amazon Music App: Amazon Music is launching a new app for Xbox One in the U.S., with availability in more countries coming soon. The Amazon Music app enables Amazon Music Unlimited subscribers to stream more than 50 million songs and thousands of playlists and stations through their Xbox. Prime members can also use the app to stream more than two million songs and hundreds of playlists and stations at no additional cost to their membership with Prime Music.
- Search Expansion: Search in Guide is expanding to include results from Xbox Assist and games you have “Ready to Install” or currently own as part of your memberships, including Xbox Game Pass, EA Access and more.
- Rapper 2 Milly Claims He's Suing Epic Games Over Fortnite Emote
- Fortnite Will Be Getting Standard Action Figures Soon
- Corsair Announces Gaming Keyboard and Mice Support for Xbox One
- Ark: Survival Evolved Hit All Time Peak Players On Steam This Weekend
- Microsoft Announces Keyboard and Mouse Games Coming to Xbox One
- Microsoft Acquires Pillars of Eternity Dev Obsidian Entertainment
- Three Final Fantasy Games Going Backward Compatible on Xbox One
- YouTube Channel “Super Best Friends” Ending After Internal Issues - December 16, 2018
- Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition Welcomes a New Fighter with Kage - December 16, 2018
- Electronic Arts Releases a New Anthem Trailer With a Hint of Story - December 16, 2018
- Tetsuya Nomura Issues Twitter Statement on Kingdom Hearts III Leak - December 16, 2018
- Macaulay Culkin Visits the Angry Video Game Nerd for Christmas - December 16, 2018