This week, Square Enix released the first DLC pack for Shadow of the Tomb Raider, a brand new co-op mission they like to call The Forge. The mission will put you and a partner online or at home in a situation where you’ll need to work together in a lava-filled cavern to find a certain treasure, which we won’t go into detail about here as we’d like you to experience it spoiler free. This is the first of a series of DLC additions that will tell a complete story over time.
We had a chance to play this DLC last week at a special event Square Enix was holding and got a chance to play a part of the level and experience the co-op. It’s kinda funny how each screen has you as Lara Croft while your partner looks like the assistant. The puzzles themselves are super challenging as you will have to get your timing down as a team to make everything work. There are also options to take easy routes and hard routes, depending on how confident you are in your skills. The way it works out int he end can be a little frustrating, but when it works, it’s golden and satisfying. Here’s an extended clip of the DLC below.
- Shadow of the Tomb Raider is a Solid Third Entry in the Series
- Players Are Slamming Shadow of the Tomb Raider After Sudden Sale
- Tomb Raiding with a Friend in Shadow of the Tomb Raider is Weird
- Shadow of the Tomb Raider Announces First DLC The Forge
- Everyone is Freaking Out About a Cut Shadow of The Tomb Raider Ending
- Review: AZIO R.C.K. Vintage Typewriter Keyboard - December 10, 2018
- Fortnite Streamer Arrested For Alleged Domestic Abuse During Stream - December 10, 2018
- Bethesda Softworks Celebrates DOOM’s 25th Anniversary - December 10, 2018
- A List of Winners From the Gamer’s Choice Awards - December 10, 2018
- Worldbuilding On Multiple Levels: An Interview with Patrick Rothfuss - December 10, 2018