Explosive publisher BOOM! Studios has released a first look preview of their upcoming Ben 10 graphic novel, which is not, as the title implies, an X-Files crossover (though it should be). Ben 10: The Truth is Out There is written by C.B. Lee with art by Lidan Chen, and is the first title in a line of comics which, according to the press release, “will anchor BOOM! Studios’ publishing program for the global franchise.”
From that press release:
Ben 10™ introduces fun loving, 10-year-old, Ben Tennyson, his cousin Gwen and Grandpa Max, as they travel the country during summer vacation. Once Ben finds the Omnitrix, a mysterious watch that transforms him into 10 different heroic aliens, a world of extraterrestrial superpowers opens up to him. Ben 10™ is produced by Cartoon Network Studios and created and executive produced by Man of Action Entertainment.
BEN 10™: THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE features a cover by artist Mattia Di Meo (Adventure Time).
BOOM! Editor Cameron Chittock was tapped to provide the press release quote, which is the chief job responsibility of BOOM! editors:
We’re thrilled to kick off our big plans for Ben, Gwen, and Grandpa Max with BEN 10™: THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE. CB and Lidan have captured the voice and spirit of this beloved show with an exciting new adventure that explores the power of family and uncovers the secret behind the most famous monster of all.
Check out the preview below and look for the book in stores on March 20th.
- The Debut of Thorshach in Next Week’s Thor #8 - December 14, 2018
- IDW Plans Weekly Ghostbusters Event for April with 4 Teams - December 14, 2018
- DC Pulls Heroes in Crisis Poison Ivy Death Cover at Tom King’s Request - December 14, 2018
- Valiant Leaks Classified White Board with Clues for Next 12 Months of Plans - December 14, 2018
- The Fate of Cyclops Revealed in Next Week’s Extermination Finale - December 14, 2018