Airboy is a fictional aviator hero published by Hillman Periodicals during the forties and fifties, created by Charles Biro, Dick Wood and artist Al Camy. The character ceased publication until a 1980s revival published by Eclipse Comics and written by Chuck Dixon that lasted for several years and fifty issues. The character has been published intermittently by a number of other publishers since then.
Dixon is best known for his work on The Punisher, Detective Comics, Robin, Green Arrow, Birds Of Prey, GI Joe, Catwoman and Way Of The Rat. H’s also adapted the conspiracy theory book Clinton Cash as a comic book, and recently returned to DC for a comic featuring his best-known creation, Bane.
But in 2019, Chuck Dixon is returning to Airboy, with a new comic book from Drew Ford‘s It’s Alive imprint.
He will be joined by artist Dalibor Talajic of Deadpool Kills The Marvel Universe, X-Men, X-Force and much more.
These new issues will connect directly to his Airboy run at Eclipse during the 1980s.
Drew Ford has been instrumental in reviving, reprinting and concluding a number of projects, including the work of Sam Glanzman, and the Michael Zulli project Puma Blues.
This is the first of many new projects Ford is adding to his line of reprints, after he recently ceased business with IDW Entertainment, who ran a number of Airboy reprints and new Airboy comic books. We’ll run a list below…
Now Available from IT’S ALIVE!
- RED RANGE by Joe R. Lansdale & Sam Glanzman
- Sax Rohmer’s DOPE by Trina Robbins
And coming soon from IT’S ALIVE!
- DUNKIRK by Sam Glanzman, with Walter Simonson
- MIDWAY by Sam Glanzman, with Russ Heath
- D-DAY by Sam Glanzman, with Russ Braun
- VOYAGE TO THE DEEP by Sam Glanzman, with Rufus Dayglo & Stephen R. Bissette
- FAMILY MAN by Jerome Charyn & Joe Staton
- Tanith Lee’s THE SILVER METAL LOVER by Trina Robbins, with Gail Simone & Colleen Doran
- AZTEC ACE: THE COMPLETE COLLECTION by Doug Moench, Dan Day, and more
- THE LONELY WAR OF CAPT. WILLY SCHULTZ by Will Franz & Sam Glanzman, with Wayne Vansant