To prepare for the launch of their newest game Artifact at the end of this month, Valve is running a preview tournament for the game this weekend. Starting tomorrow, 128 players will compete in Artifact matches for a modest prize pool. The point of the tournament is more to show off the game and get players interested in buying it, but $10,000 USD is still a pretty nice prize to take home.
Coinciding with the tournament is the start of pre-orders for the game as well as the Card Set and Deck Code API tools to assist creators and get card sharing off the ground. Pre-orders for the game go live tomorrow at 9am PST, while both new API tools are available now on playartifact.com. The download page also has some information on how to best use the tools.
The Artifact Preview Tournament will start tomorrow at 9am PST. Beyond the Summit is picking up hosting duties for the tournament broadcast on SteamTV. The tourney is an all-draft event with a 7-round Swiss bracket on Saturday. Sunday will feature a single-elimination bracket format to decide the winner from the top 8 players. Festivities begin at 9AM PST both days.
The coolest bit about the tournament is that it will be run through an in-client tournament system which will be available for everyone to use on launch day. So, you can actually host your own Artifact tournaments once the game launches.
Artifact is set to launch on November 28th, 2018 exclusively for Steam.
- European Comics Platform Izneo is Moving to the Switch - November 11, 2018
- Metro Exodus Spartan Collector’s Edition Details Revealed - November 11, 2018
- EA and UEFA Reveal the eChampions League for FIFA 19 - November 11, 2018
- PlayStation Owners in Chicago will be Taxed Extra for Game Rentals - November 11, 2018
- Thief Simulator Tops Steam’s Bestseller List This Weekend - November 11, 2018