Avengers #700… well, Avengers #10 if you’re some kind of loser who doesn’t follow the Legacy numbers… hits stores next week, and Marvel’s got something special planned for the anniversary. It’s the return of Russia’s top superhero team, the Winter Guard, under the direct orders of a man who’s only two degrees of separation away from Marvel Chairman Ike Perlmutter (they’re both best friends with Donald Trump): Russian President Vladimir Putin!
Putin is getting the band back together, including some old faces, like Ursa Major…
And what appears to be a new version of the Red Widow…
Ava Orlova, we hardly knew ye.
Avengers #700… er, #10… hits stores next Wednesday, comrades!
(W) Jason Aaron (A) Ed McGuinness, Adam Kubert, Andrea Sorrentino (A/CA) David Marquez
THE EARTH’S MOST HATED HEROES?!
After 700 issues of saving the world, you’d think the Avengers would be due some celebration. But instead the whole world seems to be gunning for them, especially Namor’s fearsome new Defenders of the Deep and the reimagined Russian Super-Soldiers of the Winter Guard. And that’s not to mention the shocking surprise the U.S. government has in store for our heroes. Plus: The all-new Agents of Wakanda! The mystery of the Avengers of 1,000,000 BC deepens! A key revelation concerning the resurrection of Wolverine! And the next startling new Avenger is revealed!
In Shops: Nov 14, 2018
- Female Furies: Cecil Castellucci and Adriana Melo Deconstruct Systemic Misogyny in Jack Kirby’s 4th World - November 12, 2018
- Wolverine and Loki Team Up in Wolverine: Infinity Watch in February - November 12, 2018
- Jordan White Cancels #XMenMonday Again, Promotes Music Career Instead - November 12, 2018
- Venom: Better Than Watchmen, More Successful Than Justice League? - November 12, 2018
- The Bella Twins Want to Fight the Kardashians in a Wrestling Match - November 12, 2018