The debut issue of John Layman and Afu Chan’s space-horror series Outer Darkness has sold out at Diamond (though your shop may still have copies) and is being “fast-tracked for a second printing in order to keep up with customer demand,” according to an Image Press release which toned down the usual hyperbolic rhetoric that implies customers have camped outside the Image offices demanding new copies of the book immediately.
Said the ever-humble Layman of the sell-out:
As I said when I introduced OUTER DARKNESS, I wrote it because it was exactly the sort of comic I would want to read. But nothing is a sure thing, especially in comics, so it’s especially gratifying to see that this is the sort of comic other people want to read as well. I’m grateful for everybody who’s picked up the book. And if you liked the first issue I’ve got good news: Issue Two is even better.
Well, John, we may like it, but we won’t like it as much as a comic with a #1 on the cover. That’s just the way these things work.
The new printing will have a super-exclusive variant cover which is… actually the same as the regular cover, but with “2nd printing” in tiny text and an orange logo instead of a yellow one. Both the second printing and Outer Darkness #2 will be in stores on December 12th.
OUTER DARKNESS #1 2nd printing (Diamond code: SEP188838) and OUTER DARKNESS #2 (Diamond code: OCT180234) will be available on Wednesday, December 12th. The final order cutoff deadline for comics retailers is Monday, November 19th.
- Wolverine and Loki Team Up in Wolverine: Infinity Watch in February - November 12, 2018
- Jordan White Cancels #XMenMonday Again, Promotes Music Career Instead - November 12, 2018
- Venom: Better Than Watchmen, More Successful Than Justice League? - November 12, 2018
- The Bella Twins Want to Fight the Kardashians in a Wrestling Match - November 12, 2018
- Fanboy Wrampage: Reby Hardy Fights Ashley Massaro Over Matt Hardy - November 12, 2018