Two new WWE Network collections are reportedly on the way in December: one of WWE’s best matches of 2018, and one all about the nWo, the WCW wrestling faction led by Hulk Hogan, Kevin Nash, and Scott Hall. The nWo Collection is the latest in WWE’s initiative to help others learn from Hulk Hogan’s mistakes by featuring him prominently on WWE programming. Some might argue that it’s unclear how trotting the Hulkster out to spout catchphrases and pose at Saudi Arabian PPVs or producing Top Ten List videos or WWE Network collections about him actually teaches anyone anything, but WWE has repeatedly said that’s the only capacity in which they would work with Hogan again, so we have to assume it’s somehow true.
Hogan was fired from WWE in 2015 after a tape surfaced of the Hulkster unleashing a racist rant while being secretly filmed having sex with the wife of Florida radio shock jock Bubba the Love Sponge. In 2018, Hogan began making moves to prepare for a return to the company by apologizing for what he called “a few misspoken words,” though technically the words that were “misspoken” were n-words. Hogan and WWE first rubbed elbows together at a promotional event for HBO’s Andre the Giant documentary, and Hogan was later reinstated to WWE’s Hall of Fame.
- Rosenberg, Larroca, and Cyclops Devastate the Uncanny X-Men in February - November 15, 2018
- WWE Cancels Wrestlemania… Ticket On-Sale Party - November 14, 2018
- Paige Biopic Fighting With My Family Gets a Trailer, New Release Date - November 14, 2018
- Get in the Holiday Spirit with a First Look at Klaus and the Crying Snowman - November 14, 2018
- Top Cow is Selling a Sci-Fi & Sex Humble Bundle to Benefit California Wildfire Victims - November 14, 2018