The Secret Life of Pets was one of the big releases of 2016 grossing just under $900 million at its world wide box office. Universal Pictures and Illumination announced a sequel but it ran into a few speed bumps along the way. The biggest one was that Lewis C.K., who voiced the main dog Max in the first movie, was accused of sexual misconduct late last year. They parted with the comedian and in April of 2018 they announced that Patton Oswalt would be taking over the role. The Grinch comes out this week so they dropped the first trailer and poster for the new movie. Max is on his way to the worst possible place a pet can ever go.
Oswalt sounds like he did a good job with this role and there is no doubt that he’s a gifted comedian. You can expect that this sequel is going to be one of the kids movies to beat in 2019.
The Secret Life of Pets 2, directed by Chris Renaud, stars Patton Oswalt, Eric Stonestreet, Kevin Hart, Lake Bell, Dana Carvey, and Albert Brooks. It will be released on June 7, 2019.
- Second Reel: Dredd (2012) Deserves a Sequel - November 18, 2018
- Widows Review: A Dynamic and Fantastic Heist Movie - November 18, 2018
- 5 Amazing Movies That You Probably Missed in 2018 - November 18, 2018
- Johnny Depp Continues to Shatter the Magic of Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald - November 16, 2018
- 5 New Character Posters for Mary Poppins Returns - November 16, 2018