If there is a studio with the potential to get very hurt in December it is Universal Pictures. They are releasing Mortal Engines, on the book of the same name, is coming out at the same time as some major blockbusters. It has significant competition and this could be the movie that doesn’t get any seats in the theaters because there is just too much to see in December. Which is a shame since it looks like the most original movie out of the big blockbuster dump that’s happening in December. Universal Pictures has shared a new extended look at the movie that teases the history of this far off future.
We can hope that Universal picks up the pace and markets this one hard. It could have legs if the reviews are very good but if it doesn’t win the weekend that is often seen as a “failure” by most studios. This is one to keep an eye on while making those December movie going plans.
Summary: Many years after the “Sixty Minute War,” cities survive a now desolate Earth by moving around on giant wheels attacking and devouring smaller towns to replenish their resources.
Mortal Engines, directed by Christian Rivers, stars Hera Hilmar, Hugo Weaving, Frankie Adams, Caren Pistorius, Stephen Lang, and Robert Sheehan. It will be released on December 18th.
- Widows Review: A Dynamic and Fantastic Heist Movie - November 18, 2018
- 5 Amazing Movies That You Probably Missed in 2018 - November 18, 2018
- Johnny Depp Continues to Shatter the Magic of Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald - November 16, 2018
- 5 New Character Posters for Mary Poppins Returns - November 16, 2018
- DC Universe Announces the Premiere Date for Young Justice: Outsiders - November 16, 2018