You may have seen the first two pages of tomorrow’s Shatterstar #2 by Tim Seeley and Carlos Villa.
It has become a metatextual look at the demands upon the superhero comic book medium over time. The first echoes Jack Kirby comic books of old.
The second, more the kind of comic one might read from Tom King and Mitch Gerads over in Mister Miracle, say.
— Tim Seeley (@HackinTimSeeley) November 3, 2018
Intentionally so by Seeley, as well. Did they notice?
I know I did!
— Mitch Gerads (@MitchGerads) November 3, 2018
Mitch did…. so probably Tom did as well.
Shatterstar #2 (of 5)
(W) Tim Seeley (A) Carlos Villa (CA) Yasmine Putri
With a simple act of violence, Shatterstar’s life was turned upside down. Nothing makes sense anymore…except for a pair of double-bladed swords and more bloodshed. So much more BLOODSHED.
Rated T+ In Shops: Nov 07, 2018 SRP: $3.99
- All The Local Comic Shop Day 2018 Exclusives We Can Find For This Saturday - November 13, 2018
- David Avallone’s Writer’s Commentary on Elvira: Mistress Of The Dark #1 - November 13, 2018
- Jim Lee Draws a Crowd (and Wonder Woman) and Answers Whether Batman Kills The Joker at SAM - November 13, 2018
- Re-Review: G Willow Wilson’s Wonder Woman #58 Mirrors the Movie Through a Dark Glass - November 13, 2018
- Meet Keegan-Michael Key and Jordan Peele’s Toy Story 4 Characters, Ducky and Bunny, in Second Teaser Trailer - November 13, 2018