As we slowly make our way to the next Pokémon GO community day event, we’re getting a few more details about what it will entail. The focus this time around will end up being on Quilava, who will learn a new fire-type move called Burn Blast, which the company showed off a little bit of imagery for on their Twitter account today.
— Pokémon GO (@PokemonGoApp) November 5, 2018
The downside that many are pointing out is that the game’s current meta when it comes to fire attacks basically makes this move null-in-void, as it’s not as powerful as some other fire-type attacks you’ll encounter in Pokémon GO. So while it’s nice to earn, it’s basically a token prize at this point that won’t do much in terms of accomplishing anything you can’t already do within the Cyndaquil family of Pokémon. But enjoy playing the event!
- Trainer Battles Are On The Way For Pokémon GO
- Pokemon Go Still Surging as Game Makes $84 Million in September
- Pokémon GO Teases a New Fire-Type from 4th Gen Coming
- Pokémon GO Releases Special Pokémon at NYCC
- Pokémon GO Players Try to Figure Out What a Meltan Is
- Pokémon GO is Letting You Vote for New Pokéstops