Archie Comics has released a preview for Archie 1941 #3 ahead of Monday’s Final Order Cutoff, and, like most Archie previews, it comes with a few panels from the comic relettered into a strip teaching people how to pre-order. Except these strips have been getting more aggressive lately. We’ve already seen a lack of pre-ordering lead to a fatal car crash, and now, in this latest comic strip, when Archie forgets to place a pre-order, he gets punched right in the face!
Jeeze, if the situation is that dire, why not try to find a better way for the comic book industry to survive?
Archie 1941 #3 hits stores on November 28th, but tell your retailer to pre-order you a copy by Monday, or who knows what Archie will put in its strip next week?!
ARCHIE 1941 #3 (OF 5)
Basic training has begun and Archie’s surprised with a familiar face—Reggie Mantle! Meanwhile, the teens back in Riverdale that haven’t enlisted are dealing with different woes on the Homefront—from anxiety worrying about their friends and families, to feelings of inadequacy and racial tensions in a changing world.
Script: Mark Waid, Brian Augustyn
Art: Peter Krause, Kelly Fitzpatrick, Jack Morelli
Cover: Peter Krause & Rosario “Tito” Peña
Variant Covers: Derek Charm, Ray Anthony Height & Rosario “Tito” Peña
On Sale Date: 11/28
32-page, full color comic
- Female Furies: Cecil Castellucci and Adriana Melo Deconstruct Systemic Misogyny in Jack Kirby’s 4th World - November 12, 2018
- Wolverine and Loki Team Up in Wolverine: Infinity Watch in February - November 12, 2018
- Jordan White Cancels #XMenMonday Again, Promotes Music Career Instead - November 12, 2018
- Venom: Better Than Watchmen, More Successful Than Justice League? - November 12, 2018
- The Bella Twins Want to Fight the Kardashians in a Wrestling Match - November 12, 2018