A few people have discovered SEGA has been busy at work with a couple of trademarks this week, specifically revolving around Virtua Fighter. According to the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, SEGA Games Japan filed to renew the existing trademark on Virtua Fighter and its logo, while also filing a pair of new trademarks on a new title called “Battle Genesis”. It doesn’t take a lot of work to realize we’re going to get a retro series at the very least, as it seems SEGA has chosen the perfect name for a fighting compilation series. And renewing the VF title is a logical play to add the game in without having it expire.
Of course, it would also lead people to speculate that we may get a new Virtua Fighter title somewhere down the road. But since it’s been a good twelve years since we saw Virtua Fighter 5 released, we’re not really putting any bets that the company has secretly been working on a new title in the series.
- Xbox Shows Off Their Next Lineup for Games With Gold in July
- Valkyria Chronicles is being Ported to the Switch in Japan
- The Persona Dancing Games are Getting Yakuza, Sonic, and Virtua Fighter Costumes
- Sega Wants Your Opinion on Persona Dancing Costumes
- Sega's Rent-a-Hero To Become Feature Film
- Cliff Bleszinski Announces He’s Done With Video Games - November 18, 2018
- Valve Has Already Added a Beta Update to Artifact - November 18, 2018
- Three Nukes Crashed the Fallout 76 Server in Spectacular Fashion - November 18, 2018
- Hi-Rez Studios Lays Out Details For Crossplay on Multiple Games - November 18, 2018
- Frostpunk to Receive an Endless Mode Update Shortly - November 18, 2018