A lot happened between the last time Jean Grey died and the most recent time she came back from the dead in Phoenix Resurrection. Jean trying to make sense of the thoroughly screwed up modern world, and somehow save it, has been one of the ongoing themes of X-Men Red. But it turns out there’s one thing Jean discovered about 2018 that we didn’t get to see: Twitter.
X-Men Red writer Tom Taylor took to Twitter this week to reveal a scene from X-Men Red that was cut from the script for space, though we have to admit, we find that decision questionable because we would have liked to see this.
I actually wrote a scene where Jean Grey discovered twitter after having been dead for so long.
She read some of it on a phone, and then telekenetically threw the phone into the ocean.
Later she said, “Twitter? I threw Twitter into the sea.”
Sadly, had to cut it due to length. https://t.co/xZzEvWJrBF
— Tom Taylor (@TomTaylorMade) November 2, 2018
Throwing it into the sea would be a better way to improve the service than removing the like button.
Sadly, there’s probably no time to correct this omission and add the scene back in, considering X-Men Red’s final issue comes out next month. We’re just gonna take Taylor’s tweet as canon anyway though.
The penultimate issue, X-Men Red #10, hits stores next Wednesday.
X-Men Red #10
(W) Tom Taylor (A) Paolo Villanelli (CA) Jenny Frison
In the aftermath of a showdown between Jean Grey and Cassandra Nova, the rules have changed – and the battle is nowhere near over! It’s all hands on deck as the building wave of hatred against mutants crashes down on the X-Men!
In Shops: Nov 07, 2018
- What Was Up with Ronda Rousey’s “Millennials” Promo on WWE Raw Last Night? - November 13, 2018
- Report: WWE Survivor Series is About to Suck with No Becky Lynch - November 13, 2018
- Classic Cartoons Come to VRV Streaming Service on New Boomerang Channel - November 13, 2018
- In Tomorrow’s Titans #29, the Team Faces Their Greatest Villain: Hunger - November 13, 2018
- Dark Horse Expands Bioware’s Anthem with Prequel Comic - November 13, 2018