Those of you who have been hoping for more apps on the Nintendo Switch like you have on PS4 and Xbox One may be getting your wish soon. According to a French Nintendo news Twitter feed called NintendHOME, the company is apparently going to launch a YouTube app on the platform sometime next week.
❓Rumeur – L’application YouTube devrait arriver prochainement sur Nintendo Switch, plus précisément le 8 novembre si on en croit le site de Nintendo America. pic.twitter.com/NgvBhDJu1G
— NintendHOME (@NintendHOME) November 3, 2018
That’s a huge step int he right direction to making the Nintendo Switch more mobile friendly beyond just being a portable game unit. The real thing that seems to be missing from the Switch is a proper web browsing app. Which if the company is working with YouTube, it’s logically only a few steps away from working with Google to possible put Chrome on the console. But that’s a subject for another day. No word yet as to whether or not the app will only be a European test thing or if there’s a secret global launch on the way for everyone.
- Nintendo Reveals New NES Additions to Nintendo Switch Online
- Blizzard Announces Diablo Immortal for Mobile at BlizzCon
- Regista Will Release The Demon Crystal on Nintendo Switch in Japan
- Phantasy Star for Nintendo Switch Pushed to November 15th
- Fortnite's Been Installed On Nearly Half of All Nintendo Switches
- The Next Wolfenstein Game Will Come to Nintendo Switch
- THQ Nordic Releases a New Apocalyptic Trailer for Darksiders III - November 16, 2018
- Chucklefish Shows Off 15 Minutes of Eastward Footage - November 16, 2018
- State of Decay 2 Adds a New Free Zedhunter Update - November 16, 2018
- Star Citizen Will Offer a Free Week in Late November - November 16, 2018
- Atari Announces RollerCoaster Tycoon Adventures for Switch - November 16, 2018