It appears Konami haven’t learned their lesson when it comes to their fans as they’ve now implemented a plan to kill off P.T. on consoles. A recent Reddit post notes that the game has been sent an update on October 22nd, which has officially rendered the game useless on PS4 consoles. The update was announced by the company, but according to all accounts who have received the update, it appears the sole purpose of it was to make it so you can’t access the file.
As you might assume, fans immediately started voicing outrage in the post and on social media that they can no longer play the demo. If you’re not familiar with this, P.T. was a short game that was meant to serve as an intro to the now-canceled Silent Hills, which would have starred Norman Reedus in the main role. The project was scrapped after Konami and Hideo Kojima had several falling outs, leading to his departure. Whether or not this means the company is starting over on Silent Hills or is just taking the game away from players for good is unknown. What we do know for certain is that anyone owning the game no longer can access it without hacking their PS4.
- Konami Says They Didn't Lock P.T. With the Latest Update
- Konami Offers Internship to the P.T. Remake Creator After Shutdown
- P.T. Made With PS1 Graphics Is Still Frightening
- Guillermo Del Toro Tweets Put Konami On Blast For Handling Of Silent Hills
- P.T. Refuses To Get Made As Game Inspired By The Title Is Cancelled
- Kojima Asked The Gears Of War Creator To Work On Silent Hills