EA has let on that Respawn Entertainment could release two games next year, likely in the form of Titanfall 3 and Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Jedi.
Titanfall 2 remains one of the best first-person shooters of the last few years. The game’s campaign and multiplayer were excellent, but it was placed in a busy Fall schedule and it failed to capture a huge audience. Seeing where Titanfall 3 goes and the chance it’s given will be crucial to the franchise’s success. Of course, the next in the series isn’t the only game Respawn is making, with Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order slated to land next year.
Amazingly, it looks like both of those games might be going up against each other. EA released some prepared remarks (via IGN) going over what we can expect in the near future from their slate of games. When talking about next year’s holiday period, EA said that we could expect more than one game from Respawn Entertainment. In the readings, EA says:
Across multiple studios, we have new projects underway, including games from Respawn that are slated to launch by next holiday season.
The key comes in the plural there. While Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order is expected, the wording suggests it will be joined by another title from the studio.
While Respawn Entertainment is working on three games at the moment, the mysterious third title has yet to be revealed in any capacity. This leaves the logical choice as Titanfall 3. Now, the question is, could EA be putting Titanfall 3 up against it again? There’s questions to be answered here, and it could just be fluffed wording. However, the idea of the next game int he series being only a year away, certainly gets me pretty excited.
- Destiny 2’s Next DLC Set to Launch December 4th - November 16, 2018
- THQ Nordic has 35 Unannounced Projects After Acquiring Two New Studios - November 14, 2018
- Overwatch League Team Chengdu Hunters Revealed - November 13, 2018
- Ark: Survival Evolved Hit All Time Peak Players On Steam This Weekend - November 13, 2018
- Despite Activision’s Comments, Destiny 2 Director Says Bungie Aren’t Disappointed With Forsaken - November 12, 2018