Actor Richard E. Grant is as charming, delightful, and candid as you would hope he’d be. He’s also got a new movie where he’s playing a character who is charming, delightful, candid, and a bit of a criminal. We wonder how he got cast?
Grant takes on the role of Jack Hock in Can You Ever Forgive Me? Which is based on the true story of Lee Israel (played by Melissa McCarthy in a delightfully different comedic twist) who went from author to forger in style.
Grant chatted about the role, how he relaxes, his thoughts on forgiveness and betrayal, Hudson Hawk, and… of all unlikely subjects: the Kardashians.
More about the film: Celebrity biographer Lee Israel makes her living profiling the likes of Katharine Hepburn, Tallulah Bankhead, Estee Lauder and journalist Dorothy Kilgallen. When Lee is no longer able to get published because she has fallen out of step with current tastes, she turns her art form to deception, abetted by her loyal friend Jack. Starring Melissa McCarthy, Richard E. Grant, Dolly Wells, Christian Navarro, and Ben Falcone. Marielle Heller directs.
Can You Ever Forgive Me? Is out in theaters now.
- Richard E. Grant asked JJ Abrams to Pinch Him Because 'Star Wars'
- Star Wars: Episode IX - Oscar Isaac Says Carrie Fisher is Still with Them While Filming
- Matt Smith Joins Star Wars: Episode IX in an Unknown Key Role
- Richard E. Grant is Not Playing Grand Admiral Thrawn in Star Wars: Episode IX
- ‘Bodied’ Raises Rap Battling Above Ground and in the Spotlight - November 9, 2018
- ‘River Runs Red’ Taye Diggs, John Cusack Exclusive Clip - November 7, 2018
- Pixar’s Bao Interview with Domee Shi and Becky Neiman-Cobb - November 6, 2018
- ‘Bohemian Rhapsody’ Interview with Rami Malek and Joe Mazzello - November 3, 2018
- ‘Boy Erased’ with Joel Edgerton - November 1, 2018