Ralph Breaks The Internet is coming, and we’ve got our first extended clip from the film.
Ralph (John C. Reily) and Vanellope (Sarah Silverman) have arrived inside the physical township of the World Wide Web, and they need some direction. Ralph spots “smart lookin’ guy” KnowsMore, played by Alan Tudyk, a walking-talking embodiment of autofill on a search bar.
Tudyk of course voiced King Candy in the first Wreck It Ralph film, and we’re excited he’s returning for the sequel.
Trolls and internet bullying will continue to be a big part of this feature, as the directorial pair of Rich Moore and Phil Johnson recently told ComicBook.com:
“It’s a tricky balance, as you know,” Moore noted. “And, to some extent, the three of us were emboldened by the work on Zootopia, knowing that audiences are okay, and actually eager, for a more sophisticated approach in family films to tricky subject matter, like in Zootopia it was racism and this one we’re dealing, to an extent, with online bullying and trolling, as you saw in that sequence. But more on an emotional level with Ralph, just self-doubt and insecurity and all those things that I think both parents and kids can relate to.
“So the way we treated it. There are certain things we’re not dealing with fascism in this movie, as you suggest, but we are dealing with those emotions that kids and parents feel when you’re trolled, when a stranger belittles you and how that makes you feel and how having a true friend and people who love and support you can get you through that. And Yesss’s comment to Ralph there, which while it may sound reductive, really is the best advice, which is ignore it and don’t feed the trolls and don’t listen to them. That’s something a guy like Ralph, who is pretty insecure, might have some trouble dealing with. So hopefully in talking about it and using a character like Ralph and Vanellope to be our eyes into that, we’re at least helping start a discussion between parents and kids.”
Ralph Breaks the Internet will hit theaters on November 21st 2018.
- Wanna See Imagine Dragons Music Video for 'Ralph Breaks The Internet'?
- Funko Round-Up: Wreck it Ralph, Fallout, Overwatch, Spider-Man, and More!
- 'Ralph Breaks the Internet' Trailer: Vanellope and Ralph Face Crossroads
- Disney Releases New Teaser for 'Ralph Breaks the Internet'
- Gal Gadot Has Joined the Cast of Ralph Breaks the Internet: Wreck-It Ralph 2
- The Disney Princesses' Get Casual in This New Image from Ralph Breaks the Internet: Wreck-It Ralph 2
- Dark Horse, Not Marvel, to Publish a Wreck-It Ralph Comic Book