Sex Death Revolution, the new comic by Magdalene Visaggio and Becca Farrow, which is debuting this week, by the way, may shock you with its content. The series contains something that you’re not used to seeing in comic books, particularly if you mainly read mainstream Marvel and DC books. You may want to sit down for this. Are you ready?
Okay. A character in this comic book, Esperanza… is a smoker!
Yeah. Shocking. Joe Quesada, who famously banned Nick Fury and Wolverine from partaking in the joys of tobacco, would definitely not be pleased. Luckily, this comic is being published by the rebels at Black Mask, so light ’em up, Esperanza! Light ’em up!
Such a bad influence. Sex Death Revolution #1 hits stores on Wednesday.
Sex Death Revolution #1
(W) Magdalene Visaggio (A) Becca Farrow (CA) Kiki Jenkins
Life is a story. Her’s is being rewritten.
Still reeling from the sudden collapse of her cover, Manhattanite sorceress Esperanza tries to rebuild. But everyone in her life is saying she’s done and said things that never happened — terrible things. Before she knows it, she’s becoming someone entirely different. Someone she used to be, once upon a time.
Life is full of ch-ch-ch-changes in this urban fantasy from Eisner-nominated writer Magdalene Visaggio (Eternity Girl, Kim & Kim) and artist Becca Farrow (Ladycastle).
In Shops: Oct 31, 2018
- New OGN Grand Abyss Hotel Explores Rebellion in a World Overrun by Big Business and Fake News - November 21, 2018
- Captain Lars Stars in “Epic, Mind-Bending Adventure” for February’s Steven Universe #25 - November 20, 2018
- 2 Covers for Buffy the Vampire Slayer #1 and #2 by Jen Bartel and Ryan Inzana - November 20, 2018
- Because U Demanded It: David Manak and Warren Kremer’s Ewoks Collected in February - November 20, 2018
- Chris Claremont’s Early Iron Fist Work Collected in Deadly Hands of Kung Fu Complete Collection - November 20, 2018