Tencent recently added a brand new update to PUBG Mobile, and it wasn’t all just about putting Halloween stuff into the game. The company fixed a bunch of bugs, but also added new effects to the game such as improvements to the maps, changes to several weapons, threw in new weather conditions, and more. Here’s a rundown of what’s been added as the game continues to grow in popularity on mobile devices.
New Weather, Map Improvements, Festival Effects
- Added Night Mode to Erangel. The map will alternate between day and night randomly in Classic Mode.
- Added Night Vision Goggles.
- Added new buildings in certain areas.
- Added covers next to some rivers.
- Added more trees in some empty areas.
A Movie picture style has been added to settings. Once selected, the style will apply to all maps.
- In all maps, the Spawn Island has gone through a festival makeover.
- Interact with other players on Spawn Island by picking up pumpkins and candies.
- Enemies killed by Hellfire — AKM will become scarecrows.
- A spooky face appears when a grenade explodes.
- During the Halloween event period, players have a 50% chance to activate Night Mode.
New Weapon, Vehicle & Related Improvements
- Added the QBU DMR. It fires 5.56mm rounds and can be found in Sanhok (replacing Mini14).
- Added the Rony pickup truck. Only available in Sanhok.
- Added a random music play feature in vehicles. This feature can be turned off in vehicle settings.
- The engine sound effects of UAZ and Buggy have been remastered.
- Added driver and passenger views (with improved vehicle interiors) in first person perspective.
- The bullet spread accuracy bonus from hip fire is slightly reduced when crouching or staying down.
- The bullet spread accuracy bonus from hip fire is slightly increased when the player is stationary.
- The vertical recoil and horizontal recoil of AKM have been reduced.
- Reduced the spread accuracy bonus of certain attachments.
- Light Grips now increase recoil recovery and stability.
- The recoil animation when firing looks more realistic now.
- QBZ and QBU now have new magazine attachment models.
- The reloading animation of some weapons in both 1st person and 3rd person perspectives have been improved.
- UMP9, Vector and SLR now have new 4x scope crosshair designs.
- Added an action that makes the character stand up while the motorcycle is airborne.
- Added a Brake-button in vehicle driving mode 1 and 2.
- The sound effects of the Dacia have been adjusted so it sounds the same as the original PUBG.
- Vehicle lights have been tuned.
- PUBG Officially Announces It Will Be Added to Xbox Game Pass
- PUBG Mobile Star Challenge Global Finals Are Headed to Dubai
- PUBG Will Be Getting Suicide Squad Skins of Joker and Harley Quinn
- From The Humor Mill: Is PUBG Finally Coming to PS4?
- PUBG Mobile and A Bathing Ape Partner Up for New In-Game Gear
- Fortnite Breaks an iOS Mobile Revenue Record Within 200 Days
- PUBG Mobile Taking Entries for Global "Star Challenge 2018"
- PUBG Mobile Boasts 100 Million Downloads Since Launch
- PUBG Mobile to Host Their First Livestream Invitational Called "Player Well Known"
- Cliff Bleszinski Announces He’s Done With Video Games - November 18, 2018
- Valve Has Already Added a Beta Update to Artifact - November 18, 2018
- Three Nukes Crashed the Fallout 76 Server in Spectacular Fashion - November 18, 2018
- Hi-Rez Studios Lays Out Details For Crossplay on Multiple Games - November 18, 2018
- Frostpunk to Receive an Endless Mode Update Shortly - November 18, 2018