In terms of things we don’t need but we’re getting anyway another remake of a classic is on the way. According to Deadline Paramount Pictures has started working on a remake of the 90’s classic Clueless. It is reportedly very early on in the process so there isn’t any indication whether or not the actors from the original movie would be involved in any way. That would prove a little difficult considering Brittany Murphy passed away in 2009. They could write around it but the relationship between Cher and Tai was such a central part of the first movie that ignoring it seems wrong.
While we don’t know anything about the plot we do have a few names behind the scenes. Tracy Oliver, who produced Girls Trip, is set to produce the production while writer Marquita Robinson, best known for her work on the Netflix show Glow, will write the script.
Deadline notes that the interest in this could come from the fact that Clueless is about to make the jump to Broadway but everything that was old is new now. It was really only a matter of time before someone jumped on this reboot after the TV show.
- Second Reel: Dredd (2012) Deserves a Sequel - November 18, 2018
- Widows Review: A Dynamic and Fantastic Heist Movie - November 18, 2018
- 5 Amazing Movies That You Probably Missed in 2018 - November 18, 2018
- Johnny Depp Continues to Shatter the Magic of Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald - November 16, 2018
- 5 New Character Posters for Mary Poppins Returns - November 16, 2018