Some people are lucky enough to debut a comic at MCM London Comic Con this coming weekend. Well, Alice Nuttall and Emily Brady of Footloose Comics have two. I know, get them…
So that’s the print debut of Black Market Magic, a tale of magical and mystical bigotry, that I’ve really been enjoying.
Life should be easy for Kim – she’s got a steady job, an amazing girlfriend, and can actually afford a halfway-decent flat in south London. But she’s also a non-registered magic user, and the state-sponsored Soldiers of Fortune aren’t happy about it. When local werewolves, Fey and other “undesirables” start disappearing, it’s up to Kim to make a stand. Black Market Magic is a story about a dystopia that hasn’t happened yet, but is on its way, its a story about resisting oppression.
And the second volume of their series Cherry.
Steve Lewis already thought his life was tough- but then he inherited the powers of a dead magical girl and was sent to train in a dojo full of faeries, werewolves, and some of the most unpleasant humans you could ever meet.
Find Emily and Alice at Footloose Comics at table CV6 at MCM London Comic Con from Friday – and check their website out right here.
- The Works Of William Hogarth on the Walls Of Blacks Club in London - November 15, 2018
- Will There Even Be an Uncanny X-Men Comic After #11? - November 15, 2018
- 11 Revealed DC Comics Covers for December by Jenny Frison, Adam Hughes, Stjepan Šejić and More - November 15, 2018
- DC Comics Cancels Detective Comics Before Batman and Alex Ross Hardcovers - November 15, 2018
- AfterShock to Publish Ryan Parrott and Charles Pritchett’s Oberon in February 2019 - November 15, 2018