Yesterday, Blizzard released the latest Overwatch Developer Update video as a prelude to BlizzCon, but we didn’t get as much as we hoped. The latest developer update has Jeff Kaplan going over some cool things that are being added to the game, such as hero buffs and a new camera option (which we’ll discuss in a moment). But said the devs are working on new content at the moment and would not have a new map to present at the event as they did with Blizzard World last year. Which if you’ve followed Blizzard for long enough on other properties, means we probably won’t be seeing much else revealed as far as game content at the convention.
The camera, however, appears to be the same camera option that the company currently uses in Overwatch League for you to buzz around the map as if in a drone, allowing you to spectate a match from many other angles than you normally wouldn’t get to see. The prototype is being shown off during the Overwatch World Cup at Blizzcon, so there’s a good chance we’ll see it added to the PTR somewhere in the near future.
- Overwatch League's Next Expansion Team Revealed: Hangzhou Spark
- Blizzard Shows Off Two New Team Names and Colors for Overwatch League
- Not So Shocking: South Korea Wins Third Overwatch World Cup
- Overwatch Introduces a New Hero Called Ashe in Latest Animated Short
- Target Reveals New Overwatch LEGO Sets Prior to BlizzCon
- Atlanta Finally Names Their Overwatch League Team the Atlanta Reign
- Funko Round-Up: Kingdom Hearts 3, Summoners War, Overwatch, and Aquaman!
- Omnic Bastion is the First Overwatch Hero to get a LEGO Set
- The Third Overwatch Halloween Event Kicks Off Today
- A New Esports Pairing Launches an Overwatch PS4 International Tournament