A little bit of fun news for fans of the Star Wars prequels as Electronic Arts announced General Grievous is headed to Star Wars Battlefront II. We have a little bit of the announcement below as to how he will play in the game, but to be honest, this feels like an addition that should have been included at launch. We totally understand holding some things off to get people coming back to the game, but it appears this will just be one character and not a massive update like the Ewoks where you’re getting new spaces and vehicles to fight in. The free update will be added on October 30th.
In Star Wars Battlefront II, General Grievous is designed to instigate fear and feel like an overwhelming opponent. His body frame is among the largest compared to any other character in the game, and he engages in combat with two – sometimes four – lightsabers. For base attack sequences, General Grievous swings two lightsabers.While on defense, he can also use the same to deflect enemy sabers and blaster shots.
But the skilled fighter was also known for his signature moves featuring no less than four Jedi weapons, which were all conquered from their previous owners (we’ve modeled his lightsabers after their appearances in Star Wars™: Episode III – Revenge of the Sith™). In Star Wars Battlefront II, we’ve transferred a couple of those moves to his Abilities. First, we have Thrust Surge. This one was referenced from an encounter between Grievous and Obi-Wan in the Clone Warsseries. The attack thrusts Grievous forward with all four lightsabers in a stabbing motion, dealing damage and throwing the target to the ground.
The second is Unrelenting Advance. As seen in another battle with Obi-Wan Kenobi in Revenge of the Sith, Grievous forms a spinning lightsaber wall in front of him, with sparks igniting from the floor, as he advances like a horrifying machine. Going into Unrelenting Advance, General Grievous blocks all frontal attacks while dealing damage to anyone foolishly standing in his way.
Speaking to his strategist side, General Grievous’ Claw Rush Ability lets him flee the scene in the blink of an eye. Once activated, he goes down on all six limbs and rushes forward, damaging and pushing opponents out of his path. An unsettling sight for enemies to behold – and highly efficient when in urgent need of an escape route.
- Battlefield V Won't Receive Battle Royale Until March 2019
- Elite Corps Clone Troopers Are Coming to Star Wars Battlefront II
- It's All About Han Solo in Star Wars: Battlefront II's Year 2 DLC
- Star Wars: Battlefront II Patch Adds Arcade Maps and New Mode
- Clone Wars Content Is Coming To Star Wars Battlefront II
- Star Wars Battlefront II Gets New Patch Bringing New Map and Hero Ship
- Creed: Rise to Glory Receives a Creed II Character Update - November 15, 2018
- Universal Games Announces Mobile Title DreamWorks Dragons: Titan Uprising - November 15, 2018
- Team17 Release Three New DLC Packs for The Escapists 2 on Switch - November 15, 2018
- Starfinder’s Signal of Screams Gets New Adventure: The Diaspora Strain - November 14, 2018
- Overwatch League’s Next Expansion Team Revealed: Hangzhou Spark - November 14, 2018