Epic Games has officially launched Fortnitemares this morning, the special Halloween event for Fortnite which will run across two modes. We have the details released by the company this morning for you here, along with the trailer for the event, which will span across Save The World and Battle Royale. You will need to download the 6.20 update in order to play it, which will add all the proper skins, stories, and whatnot. The event is scheduled to run until early November.
During Fortnitemares, you’ll face off against Cube Monsters in a whole new way of playing Battle Royale. Cube Fragments have now appeared on the map and they’re spawning monsters! There are new weapons to fight back against these creepy creatures, like the Six Shooter and Fiend Hunter Crossbow. Take out the Cube Fiends and Fragments to pick up loot, and survive against enemy players. Fortnitemares has its own set of free challenges; there are new challenges every few days with new rewards! Players who complete the final set of challenges will be rewarded with the Dark Engine Glider!
Additionally, the all-new “Deadfire” outfit is available to purchase in the store. This unique outfit is a new type of outfit that features in-match progression. The outfit will progress through 2 styles based on the damage players deal enemies (other players and AI) and how long they last in a match. Deadfire also comes with the Shackled Stone Back Bling, and players can pick up his matching Dark Shard pickaxe in the store — both of these are reactive cosmetics.
SAVE THE WORLD
The spooky scenery of Hexsylvania has returned! This includes multiple sets of story quests and new rewards, including the Rat Rod Weapon Set, spooooooky Llamas, and a few more surprises along the way.
- The Fortnite Cubes Are Cracking As They Inch Across the Map
- Fortnite Takes a Slow Dive on Twitch Streams and Viewership
- Nerf Announces a New Partnership to Make Fortnite Nerf Guns
- Fortnite's Save the World Mode is Not Going to Free-to-Play This Year
- Epic Games Teases Fortnite Halloween Event With Fortnitemares
- Fortnite Will Soon Let You Break Gravity, Because Why Not?
- BC Toy Spotting: New Marvel Legends, Fortnite Funko, and More!
- The Fortnite Runes Are Moving Toward the Floating Island
- Epic Games Will Host a Million Dollar Fortnite Winter Royale Tournament - November 20, 2018
- Valve is Putting an End to Steam Link Hardware - November 20, 2018
- Fans Old and New Get a Fresh Look at the Story of Kingdom Hearts III - November 20, 2018
- Riot Games Rebrands League of Legends LSC to European Championship - November 20, 2018
- Hitman 2 Launches Exclusive Target #1 Mission Today with Sean Bean - November 20, 2018