For those of you hoping you might see Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales on the Nintendo Switch, we apologize as your dreams are about to get dashed. The news came from Eurogamer who noticed there wasn’t a Nintendo Switch version of the game and decided to ask the folks at CD Projekt Red what was up and if we’d ever see it. The response was less than stellar.
How about it? I’m afraid it doesn’t look good. I asked CD Projekt Red the question this afternoon. “There are no plans to release Thronebreaker on any other platforms than PC (GOG.COM), PlayStation 4 and Xbox One,” a spokesperson replied. No “yet”, no “currently”. I wonder what the issue is? CDPR had nothing to add.
Kind of a let down considering that a port of the game wouldn’t exactly require months of planning and work because it’s just a card game, no more complicated than Uno. Maybe the company will have a change of heart later, but for now, it’s pretty much a done deal. Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales comes out today on PS4, Xbox One, and PC.
- Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales Gets Released on Steam and GOG
- GOG.com Posts Another Poorly Chosen Tweet, Then Retracts
- CD Projekt Red Releases a New Trailer for Thronebreaker
- Thronebreaker Receives a New Extensive Gameplay Video
- CD Projekt Red Gives Thronebreaker and Gwent Release Dates
- Witcher Spinoff Getting a Spinoff Of Its Own in Gewnt: Thronebreaker
- Gwent is Getting a Major Overhaul in the Homecoming Cycle