If you want the chance to pick up a copy of the new Dungeons & Dragons “Art and Arcana” book by the impressive team of Michael Witwer, Kyle Newman, Jon Peterson, and Sam Witwer (as well as getting the book signed), you should head to Games of Berkeley on Sunday October 28th.
The historic games store is hosting an appearance and signing event, which will also feature special guest Erol Otus, known internationally for his contributions to RPG art.
“Art and Arcana” is an illustrated guide to the history and evolution of the beloved role-playing game of Dungeons & Dragons as told through the paintings, sketches, illustrations, and visual ephemera behind its creation, growth, and continued popularity.
This official DUNGEONS & DRAGONS illustrated history provides an unprecedented look at the visual evolution of the brand, showing its continued influence on the worlds of pop culture and fantasy. Inside the book, you’ll find more than seven hundred pieces of artwork—from each edition of the core role-playing books, supplements, and adventures; as well as Forgotten Realms and Dragonlance novels; decades of Dragon and Dungeon magazines; and classic advertisements and merchandise; plus never-before-seen sketches, large-format canvases, rare photographs, one-of-a-kind drafts, and more from the now-famous designers and artists associated with DUNGEONS & DRAGONS.
The superstar author team gained unparalleled access to the archives of Wizards of the Coast and the personal collections of top collectors, as well as the designers and illustrators who created the distinctive characters, concepts, and visuals that have defined fantasy art and gameplay for generations. This is the most comprehensive collection of D&D imagery ever assembled, making this the ultimate collectible for the game’s millions of fans around the world.
(There is also a a deluxe, special edition package containing posters, ephemera, and the illustrated guide to the history and evolution of the beloved role-playing game as told through the paintings, sketches, and illustrations behind its creation, growth, and continued popularity.)
Fans can pick up copies of both the standard and deluxe editions through Penguin Random House now, or through Games of Berkeley starting today! The in-store event takes place on Sunday October 28th from 3:30 pm until approximately 6 pm.
- Rewriting War: An Interview With WotC's Scott Van Essen
- D&D's Jeremy Crawford Will Be the Keynote Speaker for PAX Unplugged
- Roll History Check — We Review Dungeons & Dragons Art & Arcana: A Visual History
- Going Back to Cherry Tree Lane in New ‘Mary Poppins Returns’ Video - November 14, 2018
- Report: ‘Birds of Prey’ May Have Found Their Batgirl - November 14, 2018
- Gina Carano Joins Disney+ Star Wars Series ‘The Mandalorian’ - November 14, 2018
- Ivan Drago [Dolph Lundgren] Talks ‘Creed II’ Motivations, Revenge - November 14, 2018
- Hulu Nabs George R. R. Martin’s ‘Wild Cards’ for 2 Different Shows - November 14, 2018