After seven years of having a long-reigning champion, the Classic Tetris World Championship just got a brand new king crowned this weekend. During the Portland Retro Gaming Expo at the Oregon Convention Center, over 100 players took a shot at trying to dethrone seven-time (and returning) champion Jonas Neubauer, who defeated almost everyone who came in his path. Almost. Below are the final moments of the championship match where Neubauer was dethroned by California-based finalist Joseph Saelee, to become the 2018 champion.
Joseph wins the Classic Tetris World Championship in some insane high-level play pic.twitter.com/kUibFbdMuO
— Wario64 (@Wario64) October 21, 2018
Congrats to Saelee on his victory and becoming the new Classic Tetris World Champion!
- Tetris Effect Receives an Official Release Date for PS4 and PSVR
- Sony's PSVR E3 Highlights Included Trover Saves the Universe and Tetris Effect
- Sony Releases a New Trailer for Upcoming VR Game Tetris Effect
- Puyo Puyo Tetris is Coming to PC Later This Month
- Gaming Historian Releases New Documentary on the History of Tetris
- PUBG Develops Say They’re Done With the “Fix PUBG” Project - November 17, 2018
- H1Z1 Pro League Will Shut Down Due To Several Issues - November 17, 2018
- Square Enix Releases a New “Deep Dive” Trailer for Just Cause 4 - November 17, 2018
- Hunt: Showdown Adds a New Map With Latest 3.0 Beta Update - November 17, 2018
- Naruto X Boruto Ninja Voltage Gets an Anniversary Campaign - November 17, 2018