So apparently, Shadow of the Tomb Raider didn’t do as well as Square Enix may have hoped, as we could tell from a sudden sale of the game. The Steam page for the title has been slammed with hate messages after Square Enix put the game on sale just over a month after it was initially released on September 14th. And not just the regular version, reported all versions of the game were going for up to 34% off. Most of the sales have since been removed, but you can currently still see a 19% cut on the Croft Edition as of the time we’re posting this.
The outrage, in our opinion, is well justified as the game was originally being sold between $60-120 depending on the version that you purchased, leaving many who pre-ordered the game pissed when they discovered that if they had only waited five weeks, they could have received the same game at a discount. Within a matter of days, Steam users have downgraded Shadow of the Tomb Raider‘s rating down from Positive to Mixed, and slowly heading down toward a negative score on their store. We’re not sure what the lesson here is for Square Enix, but whatever it is, they’re learning it in real-time.
- Shadow of the Tomb Raider's First DLC "The Forge" is Released
- Tomb Raiding with a Friend in Shadow of the Tomb Raider is Weird
- Shadow of the Tomb Raider Announces First DLC The Forge
- Everyone is Freaking Out About a Cut Shadow of The Tomb Raider Ending
- Square Enix Releases the Shadow of the Tomb Raider Launch Trailer
- Shadow of the Tomb Raider's New Trailer Teaches You About Buffs
- Starfinder’s Signal of Screams Gets New Adventure: The Diaspora Strain - November 14, 2018
- Overwatch League’s Next Expansion Team Revealed: Hangzhou Spark - November 14, 2018
- They Might Be Giants Get a LEGO Ideas Pitch for BrickHeadz - November 14, 2018
- GIVEAWAY: Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Links Glowing Orb - November 14, 2018
- Astroneer Receives an Official Release Date in February 2019 - November 14, 2018