News has broken this morning that EA Motive founder Jane Raymond has departed the company, signaling a change in management. The news came from Game Informer this morning, who noted her departure and that Samantha Ryan would be taking her position, but it’s unclear if that is a permanent fixture or a temporary move. The primary focus about the decision has been over the fact that Raymond was in charge of the studio while they were making Star Wars: Battlefront II, and the rumors already circulating online is that the game’s issues played a part in her departure.
When GI reached out for a quote, they got this very PR-esq response below that really says nothing about the situation and only left more people to speculate over the reasons why she left. EA Motive is the development studio currently in charge of all future Star Wars games under their agreed contract with Disney, as well as a few other unnamed IPs. It will be interesting to see where Raymond lands after this, as well as what direction the studio starts to follow under new leadership.
EA Studios is focused on bringing more creative new games and content to players. Laura Miele and her team have taken several steps internally to better support our game makers in this pursuit, such as expanding Samantha Ryan’s portfolio to lead additional studios, including Motive. Samantha is known for driving creative design and supporting game teams so they can bring their visions to life. She is a deeply experienced game-maker with a gameography that spans from The Sims to Batman: Arkham City to No One Lives Forever to the highly-anticipated Anthem. With this change, Jade Raymond has decided to leave Electronic Arts. In her time with us, Jade helped to build great teams, and our projects underway at Motive and other studios continue unchanged. We’re appreciative of all of her efforts, and we wish Jade all the best as she moves on to her next adventure. We are driving greater creativity into everything we do across EA Studios, and we’ll look forward to sharing more in the months to come.
- Battlefield V Won't Receive Battle Royale Until March 2019
- Fortnite's Save the World Mode is Not Going to Free-to-Play This Year
- Epic Games Teases Fortnite Halloween Event With Fortnitemares
- Nike has Endorsed its First Esports Player
- Ubisoft Shutting Down Online Services for a Few Old Titles
- Horses Will Permanently Die in Red Dead Redemption 2
- Creed: Rise to Glory Receives a Creed II Character Update - November 15, 2018
- Universal Games Announces Mobile Title DreamWorks Dragons: Titan Uprising - November 15, 2018
- Team17 Release Three New DLC Packs for The Escapists 2 on Switch - November 15, 2018
- Starfinder’s Signal of Screams Gets New Adventure: The Diaspora Strain - November 14, 2018
- Overwatch League’s Next Expansion Team Revealed: Hangzhou Spark - November 14, 2018