Valve has sent out a notification to players who have signed up for the beta of Artifact that it will not be coming in October after all. The message below was received by players who had either signed up for the beta or received a copy during their time at PAX West this year, alerting them of the change.
You are receiving this email as an attendee of The International Dota 2 Tournament or someone who has registered an Artifact beta key. We have added Artifact to your account but we have a bit more work to do before letting everyone in. Right now we’re planning for that to happen on November 19. The public release date will still be November 28.
This is a little suspect and makes us wonder if, in fact, the company plans on keeping the November 28th release date. To us, it seems awkward to have a beta that you’ve promised for months only show up nine days before you decide to release the game in full. So if you happen to get Artifact on the date that they say it’s being promised and it comes with a number of bugs that might have been ironed out with more time, don’t be too surprised.
- Valve is Putting an End to Steam Link Hardware
- Valve Has Already Added a Beta Update to Artifact
- Valve Rewarded $20k to Someone Who Found a Particular Bug
- Valve Brings their Virtual TCG Artifact to PAX West
- Valve's New Game Artifact Will Be Available in November
- Valve Adds Tons of New Job Postings, Fueling Even More Half-Life 3 Rumors
- Artifact the "First of Several" New Games from Valve, According to Gabe Newell
- Valve Say PUBG Is Steam's Third Largest Selling Game Ever
- Fortnite’s Pump Shotgun is Getting Some Balance Changes - November 20, 2018
- The Latest Black Ops 4 Patch Adds Nuketown to All Platforms - November 20, 2018
- THANKS-GIVEAWAY: PC Copies of Overwatch Legendary Edition - November 20, 2018
- Egosoft Announces X4: Foundations Coming to Steam Next Week - November 20, 2018
- Epic Games Will Host a Million Dollar Fortnite Winter Royale Tournament - November 20, 2018