We chatted with Timothée Chalamet and Steve Carell who star in the new film, Beautiful Boy.
The two were on site at the 41st Annual Mill Valley Film Festival where they were greeted by throngs of adoring fans (and if you’ve been to Mill Valley you know what a phenomenon that is, the quiet town is not exactly prepared for Chalamet fans).
Not only were the stars of the film there, but the subjects themselves. Beautiful Boy is based on the memoir “Beautiful Boy” by David Sheff and “Tweak” by his son, Nic Sheff, who are played by Carell and Chalamet respectively. The film (and memoirs) chronicle the experience of survival and recovery in a family coping with addiction over many years.
Seeing Chalamet and Nic together on the red carpet was a bit like peering into a potential future (the two even dressed alike – though no clue if that was intentional).
Beautiful Boy stars Timothée Chalamet, Steve Carell, Amy Ryan (Bridge of Spies, Gone Baby Gone), and Maura Tierney (Showtime’s The Affair, Liar Liar). It’s directed by Felix Van Groeningen (The Broken Circle Breakdown) who is making his English speaking film directorial debut, and is also co-written by Luke Davies (Lion, Life).
Beautiful Boy is in theaters now.
- Timothée Chalamet says Denis Villeneuve's 'Dune' is a Dream Come True
- Greta Gerwig's 'Little Women': Emma Stone Out, Emma Watson In
- 'Dune' Will Cover [Approximately] Half of First Novel, Brian Herbert Says
- Timothée Chalamet May Be the Kwisatz Haderach in New Dune Film
- Oscar-Studded 'Little Women' Adaptation Lands Greta Gerwig to Direct
- The Academy Invites Record-Breaking Number of New (and Diverse) Members
- 'Welcome to Marwen' is a Very Different Steve Carell Movie
- ‘Alpha’ Exclusive Clip – Creating a Language - November 12, 2018
- ‘Bodied’ Raises Rap Battling Above Ground and in the Spotlight - November 9, 2018
- ‘River Runs Red’ Taye Diggs, John Cusack Exclusive Clip - November 7, 2018
- Pixar’s Bao Interview with Domee Shi and Becky Neiman-Cobb - November 6, 2018
- ‘Bohemian Rhapsody’ Interview with Rami Malek and Joe Mazzello - November 3, 2018