This week, indie developer Splash Damage announced that they were ceasing all development and support on their game Dirty Bomb. The short version is that the company pushed a ton of resources into the game to make it as active and filled with content as they could, but it just didn’t catch on and failed to garner a wide audience. So the company is cutting their losses, refunding people on the next announced DLC, and putting some final touches on it before calling it a day. Here’s a snippet from the announcement.
After regaining publishing rights for DB nearly two years ago, we staffed up a load of developers and tried our best to deliver a Dirty Bomb experience that would be feature-rich with tons of new content, while maintaining its great gameplay feel & balance. Unfortunately, despite all the added time and resources, there were some challenges we couldn’t overcome, and we were not able to make DB the success that we hoped it could be. The bottom line is that we can’t financially justify continuing to work on the game we love.
Since we won’t be releasing any additional Mercenaries, we’re going to refund the All Merc Pack DLC to everyone who purchased it by January 31st, 2019 – the money you spent will go back in your Steam wallet and the unlocked Mercs will remain in your account. We know many of you love DB and still play it religiously, so we will keep servers up for you to enjoy, as long as there are a meaningful number of players using them in the supported regions.
- MediEvil is Supposed to Get An Update Sometime in the Next Few Weeks
- Athlon Games to Publish FTP Online Game Based on Lord of the Rings
- Review: Jinx Splash Damage and Power Creep Shorts
- Rob Hanes Adventures Reflects the Current Political Administration for San Diego Comic-Con
- Howard Chaykin Thinks He May Get Arrested Over The Divided States Of Hysteria, Out From Image Comics In June
- Gears Of War Remaster Coming To Xbox One
- Rob Dyer Joins Capcom as the Company’s New COO - November 12, 2018
- Galactic Civilizations III Receives a New Update with Fresh DLC - November 12, 2018
- Treyarch Releases the Nuketown Trailer for Black Ops 4 - November 12, 2018
- Watch Joseph Gordon-Levitt Play Magic: The Gathering - November 12, 2018
- Kingdom Two Crowns Will Be Released in December - November 12, 2018