It looks like this Disney adventure is coming a little later than expected. After shooting over the summer with the stars posting plenty of behind-the-scenes videos The Hollywood Reporter is reporting that Disney has delayed Jungle Cruise from October 10, 2019 to July 24, 2020.
Star Dwayne Johnson took to twitter to announce the delay as well.
IT’S OFFICIAL – JULY 24th, 2020.
Ladies and gentlemen and children of all ages.
My partner in crime, Emily Blunt and I, lovingly invite you to join us for THE ADVENTURE OF A LIFETIME.
All aboard…😈@DisneyStudios JUNGLE CRUISE
🚢 🗺🌴❤️🥃 pic.twitter.com/DNTnqSb3QD
— Dwayne Johnson (@TheRock) October 19, 2018
Disney isn’t saying the reason for the delay though it might be because they think they have a hit on their hands. October isn’t exact prime real estate for this type of movie. The move to July makes more sense when you look at it in terms of wanting to be a summer movie. As for competition the long rumored Green Lantern Corps. movie is scheduled for release that day The other problem could be the Untitled Marvel Movie scheduled the week after. Disney is already starting to cannibalize itself. A movie a week is a really good way for something to get lost in the fray.
Summary: Based on Disneyland’s theme park ride where a small riverboat takes a group of travelers through a jungle filled with dangerous animals and reptiles, but with a supernatural element.
Jungle Cruise, directed by Jaume Collet-Serra, stars Dwayne Johnson, Emily Blunt, Jesse Plemons, Paul Giamatti, and Edgar Ramírez. It opens July 24, 2020.
- Detective Pikachu Gets a Noir Inspired Poster - November 12, 2018
- Legends of Tomorrow Season 4: Nick Zano Explains Why He Isn’t in Tonight’s Episode - November 12, 2018
- New Banner for Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse Teases the Various Spider-People - November 12, 2018
- Kevin Feige Says Most People Are Unfamiliar with the Eternals and That’s a Good Thing - November 12, 2018
- Common Addresses Whether or Not He’s Returning for John Wick: Parabellum - November 11, 2018