Starting today, World of Tanks Blitz will be running a special Halloween event with a few new designs that Mad Max fans should get a kick out of. The developers have inserted a new set of tanks into the game as part of a collaboration with Mad Max: Fury Road’s Principle Vehicle Designer and Concept Artist Peter Pound, who essentially created a series of fierce killing machines in tank form to run through the event. As you can see from this gallery, they don’t look happy to see you and probably won’t leave much of you around after an encounter. Here’s some quick thoughts from Pound about working on the project, per Mad Games’ own PR on the event.
“Working together with the World of Tanks Blitz team, I was able to create some unique designs and given creative freedom,” said Pound. “With Mad Max: Fury Road, I was focused on car designs but the challenge here was taking tanks and making them even more heavy metal! I enjoy a challenge and it was a cool experience. Now I hope everyone enjoys the hard work put into these steel beasts.”
The Halloween event kicks off today and runs until November 12th.
- World of Tanks: Mercenaries has Surpassed the 17 Million Player Milestone
- World of Tanks: Mercenaries is Definitely Going to be Tricky
- Wargaming Unveils World of Tanks: Mercenaries Expansion
- World of Tanks: War Stories Receives New Free DLC Packs
- Next March, World Of Tanks Is Set To Get An Overhaul
- Twitch Officially Announces a European Expansion to TwitchCon - November 21, 2018
- Legends of Aria Will Launch an Open Beta After Thanksgiving - November 21, 2018
- Messing With Specs: We Review the ROCCAT Vulcan 120 Keyboard - November 21, 2018
- Someone Turned Nintendo’s NES Into a Playable Guitar - November 21, 2018
- Fortnite’s Pump Shotgun is Getting Some Balance Changes - November 20, 2018