In today’s Mr & Mrs X #4, Kelly Thompson and Oscar Bazaldua give us a Rogue who has the potential, courtesy of Lilandra and Chandra, to have her power base sorted out. Restricted, placed under control. And allowing her to touch Gambit – and others – without the curse of her powers draining their lifeforce. Slam dunk?
Not for Rogue… and she needs to have the talk.
And the wording expressed rather familiar.
Indeed, this is how it went over with Mike Carey, Scot Eaton, Andrew Hennessy and Brian Reber ten years ago… a prologue…
…and then the actuality…
…reinterpreted now? A little?
The superhero tale has proved itself remarkably adept at providing allegory to much, though of late text has been preferred to subtext. Which means the form needs to find other stories to tell and realities to play off. Here’s another…
MR AND MRS X #4
(W) Kelly Thompson (A) Oscar Bazaldua (CA) Terry Dodson
• Undercover in the Shi’ar Empire!
• Rogue and Gambit must infiltrate the Shi’ar homeworld in order to save a precious package.
• But how are they going to wine and dine the Empire’s elite when its soldiers are hot on their trail?
Rated T+ In Shops: Oct 17, 2018 SRP: $3.99
- The Daily LITG – 18th November 2018 – Happy Birthday, Alan Moore - November 18, 2018
- Looks Like Leviathan Begins in Action Comics #1007 - November 17, 2018
- Todd Matthy’s Writer’s Commentary on Robots Vs Princesses #3 - November 17, 2018
- Viz Announce My Hero Academia: Smash, Komi Can’t Communicate, Beastars and Automatic Eve for 2019 - November 17, 2018
- Kodansha to Publish Cardcaptor Sakura: Collector’s Edition in 2019 - November 17, 2018