This morning, Paizo revealed their latest guide for Starfinder as the next book in the chain will be Alien Archive 2. Technically, we’ve known about the book for a while now, but today we know it will officially be released for retail on October 31st for $40, or $10 for the PDF if you prefer a digital copy. This book will have over 100 new life-forms with a dozen different races that all have their own magic and tech you’ll get to prod over. Here’s a quote from the press release about the new guide.
Robert G. McCreary, Creative Director for the Starfinder RPG spoke of the book’s broad appeal. “With a whole galaxy to explore, there’s always a need for more aliens to inhabit the distant worlds the player characters will visit. Alien Archive 2 showcases a variety of exotic new creatures, from sapient extraterrestrial civilizations to giant spaceborne life forms. But Alien Archive 2 is more than just another bestiary for Game Masters. Players will find a wealth of new rules inside just for them—whether it’s a new alien species to play, like the canine vlaka, or new armor, weapons, magic items, and technology, like the fungal computer. Every science fantasy cantina needs a bunch of weird aliens to fill its booths and bar stools, and Alien Archive 2 has you covered!”
The creatures in this codex will challenge adventurers no matter where in the galaxy they may travel. What’s more, player rules for over a dozen species let players not just fight aliens, but be them. Gamers can play everything from an uplifted bear to a sentient slug! The book also includes new alien technology to help give characters an edge, including armor, weapons, magic items, and spells. It adds new Starfinder rules, including magical polymorphing and environmental template grafts that empower players to modify creatures to fit them to any world!
- Starfinder's Signal of Screams Gets New Adventure: The Diaspora Strain
- Paizo Forms a New Partnership for Brazilian Distribution with New Order Editora
- Experimental Feelings: We Review Pathfinder 2.0's Playtest Beta
- Surviving Space As Best We Can: We Review the Starfinder Armory Rulebook
- Paizo Announces New Starfinder Adventure "Against the Aeon Throne"
- Paizo Announces PaizoCon 2018 for End of May in Seattle
- Creed: Rise to Glory Receives a Creed II Character Update - November 15, 2018
- Universal Games Announces Mobile Title DreamWorks Dragons: Titan Uprising - November 15, 2018
- Team17 Release Three New DLC Packs for The Escapists 2 on Switch - November 15, 2018
- Starfinder’s Signal of Screams Gets New Adventure: The Diaspora Strain - November 14, 2018
- Overwatch League’s Next Expansion Team Revealed: Hangzhou Spark - November 14, 2018