One of the biggest booths you’ll see on the convention circuit these days is the Indie MEGABOOTH, where you can see board and video games from indie developers. The organizers for that area have officially announced today that they’re taking submissions for GDC 2019 in San Francisco and PAX East 2019 in Boston, both of which are high-profile venues that could make a developer’s dreams come true by being seen by major publishers or just getting the buzz out about a game. Below are some of the details they put out about both conventions, and you can apply to be a part of them here.
GDC – the largest and most prestigious game dev industry conference – is scheduled to take place March 18 – March 22, 2019 in San Francisco. As with previous GDC showcases, IMB organizers strive to provide an intimate setting where attendees can take a break from sessions to play innovative games from up-and-comers in the indie games scene. IMB’s GDC showcase will feature 24 games total, with 12 titles showcasing on Monday and Tuesday of the conference, and then Wednesday through Friday a fresh batch of games from 12 other indie teams will be available.
PAX East 2019 will return to the Boston Convention Center and is tentatively scheduled for March 28 – March 31, 2019 (Follow PAX on Twitter to find out the dates when they’re officially announced). IMB will host its usual MEGABOOTH, MINIBOOTH, and TABLETOP areas which will highlight indie games from around the world. IMB’s PAX East 2018 lineup featured 100 indie games from 21 countries.
The Indie MEGABOOTH is a curated traveling showcase working to bring indie games to the forefront of the gaming community and event-goers’ minds. IMB aspires to give indie dev teams exposure to new audiences by creating a network for exhibiting developers and creative communities to support each other while also connecting them with fans, publishers, platforms, and individuals in mutually beneficial partnerships.
- Day Of The Devs 2018 Will Return to San Francisco in November
- UK's National Videogame Museum Opens Permanently in November
- Fighting for Domination in Swords and Soldiers II Shawarmageddon at PAX West
- Multiplayer Mayhem Shrunken Down in Our Demo of Aftercharge at PAX West
- Finding the Uniqueness in Bishop Games' Light Fall at PAX East
- Relic Hunters Legend Still in Development, Set for 2019 Release
- Reviewing College Missteps with 'Now Everyone Get The F%$# Out!'
- Rob Dyer Joins Capcom as the Company’s New COO - November 12, 2018
- Galactic Civilizations III Receives a New Update with Fresh DLC - November 12, 2018
- Treyarch Releases the Nuketown Trailer for Black Ops 4 - November 12, 2018
- Watch Joseph Gordon-Levitt Play Magic: The Gathering - November 12, 2018
- Kingdom Two Crowns Will Be Released in December - November 12, 2018