Cloud Imperium Games are still toiling away at Star Citizen, and after releasing the 3.3 Alpha update and a nice hype trailer for it on Wednesday, the company has raised over $1 million USD in additional funds. We’ve previously discussed all the changes that will come to Star Citizen with the 3.3 update, which you can check out here.
As for the new funding, PCGamer has a nice rundown:
On Wednesday, when another star-studded trailer for singleplayer spin-off Squadron 42 was unveiled, the game received nearly $380,000, according to its live funding tracker. Fans backed it for a further $325,000 on Thursday, and roughly $190,000 on each of Friday and Saturday. To put that in perspective, it raised a total of $171,582 in the previous week.
That brings total crowdfunding to more than $195 million, and it could well hit the $200 million mark before the end of the year.
The day before the trailer, Cloud Imperium released alpha 3.3 into the Public Test Universe. The update lets players use their webcam and microphone to map both their voice and facial expressions onto their in-game character. It also added a bunch of ships, including the Anvil Valkyrie dropship, which will cost you a whopping $330. You can also buy a $700 version that has some very expensive bells and whistles.
Star Citizen Alpha Version 3.3 is available now on the Public Test Universe.
- Looks Like Hacking Might be a Thing in Cyberpunk 2077 - November 20, 2018
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Was October’s Best Selling Game - November 20, 2018
- Free League Launches Kickstarter for Mutant: Elysium - November 20, 2018
- Hearthstone Reveals New Cards for Rastakhan’s Rumble Expansion - November 20, 2018
- Firebrand Games is Bringing Solar Flux to the Switch - November 20, 2018