Arcen Games officially announced today that they have launched AI War 2 out on Steam’s Early Access for Windows, Mac, and Linux systems. The RTS hybrid is the official sequel to the 2009 title, but it doesn’t appear to have a totally firm connection to the original as it seems to go off on its own path. We have more details for you below as you can snag it for $20 today.
AI War 2 is a grand strategy RTS hybrid against an overwhelming, inhuman enemy who has conquered the galaxy. The enemy has made only a single error: underestimating you. You must steal as much technology as you can, take enough territory to fortify your bases and launch your attacks. But every conquest you make turns the attention of the AI ever more in your direction… so choose your targets with care.What’s New and What Are We Working On?We still have a lot we want to add, and even more we want to polish, but the current version of AI War 2 is already vast:
- Many optional factions, each with their own goals and strategy, creating a living galaxy.
- Polished gameplay mechanics, representing everything learned from the original AI War: Fleet Command’s six expansions.
- Redesigned UI, currently going through iterations.
- Over 1700 lines of spoken dialogue from more than 25 actors, and more to come for the AI itself.
- 1.5 hours of new music added to the 4.5 hour score included from the original AI War: Fleet Command.
- A ton of map types, with a lot of sub-options to make them even more varied.
- Crazy moddability, with many levers available in easily-accessible XML.
- Multiplayer is temporarily disabled, but still being implemented.
- Multithreading for modern performance, and a codebase that will not summon an elder god.
- Rockstar Reveals PS4 Early Access Content for Red Dead Redemption 2
- Green Hell Develoeprs Release Roadmap While Game is in Early Access
- Dying Light: Bad Blood Will Hit Steam Early Access in September
- Fell Seal: Arbiter’s Mark Gets a Release on Steam Early Access
- Snowpeak Studio Announces Blood Ancestors is Headed to Early Access
- Rob Dyer Joins Capcom as the Company’s New COO - November 12, 2018
- Galactic Civilizations III Receives a New Update with Fresh DLC - November 12, 2018
- Treyarch Releases the Nuketown Trailer for Black Ops 4 - November 12, 2018
- Watch Joseph Gordon-Levitt Play Magic: The Gathering - November 12, 2018
- Kingdom Two Crowns Will Be Released in December - November 12, 2018