In case you didn’t know, there is a film based on the Monster Hunter video game property coming, and Milla Jovovoich is one of the stars. It’s part of the reason she didn’t attend New York ComicCon earlier this month with her Hellboy co-stars, as she was filming Monster Hunter in South Africa.
The actress posted a small behind-the-scenes peek on her personal Instagram, with the hashtag #setlife.
View this post on Instagram
#setlife First week on #monsterhuntermovie is coming to a close and it’s been INSANE! We’ve been shooting in a location called Atlantis Dunes outside Cape Town which is just breathtaking. White sand as far as the eye can see (also in everyone’s eyes so no one can see and in our teeth too!🤗) Here’s some pics from week 1! @tonyjaaofficial and I chilling between set ups and some great shots of the production team out on location. Enjoy! Xo m😘 #monsterhuntermovie #monsterhunterworld #capetowndiary
Jovovich will be playing Artemis, T. I. Harris will be playing a sniper named Link, while Ron Perlman will play a man named Admiral, the leader of the Hunter’s Crew.
Monster Hunter will be directed by Paul S. Anderson (Jovovoich’s husband, and collaborator on the Resident Evil franchise). Screen Gems will release the film in the states, with the studio’s Sony Pictures Releasing International handling international distribution.
No release date is known at this time, but we’re hoping for an update soon.
- Milla Jovovoich, Tony Jaa With a Jawblade from 'Monster Hunter' Movie
- Comparing Big Red to Hamlet: David Harbour Talks 'Hellboy'
- Monster Hunter: World on PC Will Soon Be Getting Lunastra
- Three More Resident Evil Titles Are Coming to the Nintendo Switch
- Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate is Getting More Capcom Crossovers
- Monster Hunter Film Now Capcom Official with Paul W.S. Anderson Directing
- Monster Hunter Film Gains Ron Perlman, T.I. Harris