If you’re a fan of Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic and have been hoping to play a proper sequel or even a decent expansion, those dreams are pretty much dead. Poem Studios have been working on their own version called Apeiron, which is basically a fan-made project where it took the original Xbox game and expanded on the story along with some original content. Sadly, this is not a Lucasfilm project, it’s basically an attempt for fans to have their own versions and the hope that maybe, just maybe, the owners of the IP might pick them up and use it. However, this arrived in the mail and killed those dreams.
It's with a great sadness that I'm posting today; I recently received a letter from Lucasfilm instructing Poem to end production on Apeiron. After a few days, I've exhausted my options to keep it afloat; we knew this day was a possibility. I'm sorry and may the force be with you pic.twitter.com/OCRmMIjwGT
— Poem Studios (@PoemStudios) October 11, 2018
It’s a shame the company decided to shut it down now, considering it’s basically one of the few Lucasfilm involved games that people enjoy and rarely bitch about. One would hope that this means the company is working on a proper reboot or sequel but considering how Star Wars games have gone over the years… we’re not holding our breath.
- Talking All Things Star Wars Resistance With Writer Brandon Auman
- Chuck Wendig To Write Shadow of Darth Vader For Marvel in January, Current Series Ends at Issue #25
- Lucasfilm Reveals First Image From The Mandalorian, Names Episode Directors
- Today, Marvel Comics Reveals When Princess Leia Was Made a General
- Kathleen Kennedy Will Stay at LucasFilm for [at Least] 3 More Years
- Hearthstone Issues a New Balance Update For Several Cards - December 19, 2018
- Shadow of the Tomb Raider Receives Second DLC Today - December 18, 2018
- Black Ops 4’s 1.10 Update Makes Major Changes to Blackout - December 18, 2018
- Fallout 76 Fans Are Calling Out Bethesta on Microtransaction Pricing - December 18, 2018
- Blizzard Celebrates the Holidays With a New Stop Motion Video - December 18, 2018