343 Industries released info this week about some new options that they’ll be adding to Halo: The Master Chief Collection soon. The company will be adding options like “Catch Composer”, which is a new system that will allow you to customize the kind of matches you’d like to be matched up with across multiple genres, so you won’t have to switch out of different modes and menus to find something you play. There will also be some new controller settings added so that you can replicate how the game felt on different versions of Halo on the original Xbox, Xbox 360, and the Xbox One. Just in case you prefer having that feeling of using the Duke controller for some unknown reason.
The company will also be enforcing new banning rules against people who they find are frequently leaving the game, which will lead up to an automated system that will detect whether players are genuinely disconnected or are just bailing on you. For those who think that may be excessive, the devs offered some free advice laced with zero sympathies.
If you are worried that this could impact you, we suggest, well, not quitting out of games. Repeatedly quitting out of matches really creates a poor experience for the rest of the players in the game. Don’t do it. If you don’t like the maps or modes being offered, spin up a custom game with the settings you enjoy (check out the “Looking for Group” feature in the Official Halo Club to find like-minded players!).
- 343 Developer Confirms No Cash Loot Boxes in Halo Infinite
- It Doesn't Look Like Halo 5 is Coming to PC
- Halo: The Master Chief Collection Receives a Major Update
- Xbox Game Pass to Receive Halo: The Master Chief Collection
- Halo: Master Chief Collection Devs Want To Know What You Thought Of It
- Cliff Bleszinski Announces He’s Done With Video Games - November 18, 2018
- Valve Has Already Added a Beta Update to Artifact - November 18, 2018
- Three Nukes Crashed the Fallout 76 Server in Spectacular Fashion - November 18, 2018
- Hi-Rez Studios Lays Out Details For Crossplay on Multiple Games - November 18, 2018
- Frostpunk to Receive an Endless Mode Update Shortly - November 18, 2018