The Beast has revealed his true colors once again in a preview of next week’s Astonishing X-Men #16. Known for turning on his own species in the past, Beast is seen in this preview offering to work for the Office of National Emergency, a corrupt government agency that has kidnapped him and his fellow X-Men, right after they physically assaulted his teammate, Dazzler.
It’s unclear whether Beast is playing the evil General Callahan, or whether he’s simply being true to his character, like when he sided against Cyclops, his childhood friend. Then again, Beast selling out may simply be a projection of writer Matty Rosenberg, a former indie darling, becoming a hotshot Marvel Exclusive writer.
Astonishing X-Men #16 hits stores on Wednesday.
Astonishing X-Men #16
W) Matthew Rosenberg (A/CA) Greg Land
• Havok, leader of…the Reavers?!
• What circumstances have led Havok to side with the bad guys once more?
• And will it stick this time?
In Shops: Oct 17, 2018
- New Comic Publisher TKO Launches With Big Name Creators and Revolutionary Ambitions - December 10, 2018
- Barnes & Noble Gets a Retailer-Exclusive Edition of Mister Miracle - December 10, 2018
- Cyclops Goes Old School in #XMenMonday Sneak Peeks - December 10, 2018
- Another Year of Rick and Morty Presents One-Shots on the Way from Oni Press - December 10, 2018
- Best-Selling Author Gaby Dunn Makes Comics Debut with Claire Roe in Bury the Lede OGN - December 10, 2018