The Beast has revealed his true colors once again in a preview of next week’s Astonishing X-Men #16. Known for turning on his own species in the past, Beast is seen in this preview offering to work for the Office of National Emergency, a corrupt government agency that has kidnapped him and his fellow X-Men, right after they physically assaulted his teammate, Dazzler.
It’s unclear whether Beast is playing the evil General Callahan, or whether he’s simply being true to his character, like when he sided against Cyclops, his childhood friend. Then again, Beast selling out may simply be a projection of writer Matty Rosenberg, a former indie darling, becoming a hotshot Marvel Exclusive writer.
Astonishing X-Men #16 hits stores on Wednesday.
Astonishing X-Men #16
W) Matthew Rosenberg (A/CA) Greg Land
• Havok, leader of…the Reavers?!
• What circumstances have led Havok to side with the bad guys once more?
• And will it stick this time?
In Shops: Oct 17, 2018
- Marvel Comics Presents: The Time Incredible Hulk Beat the Crap Out of Hulk Hogan - October 21, 2018
- Marvel Comics Presents: The Time Union Jack Resisted Thatcher’s England in 1990 - October 21, 2018
- Marvel Comics Presents: The Time Marvel Mocked a Beloved Republican President in 1990 - October 21, 2018
- Marvel Comics Presents: The Time Spider-Man Took a Fall for Animal Rights in 1990 - October 21, 2018
- Marvel Comics Presents: The Time Namor Got Political About Pollution in 1989 - October 21, 2018