A little over a month after the second season of Iron Fist has dropped to much improved [but still not great reviews] Marvel and Netflix have decided to cancel the show. According to Deadline there won’t be a third season of the show and this marks the the first of the Marvel Netflix series to be cancelled.
“Marvel’s Iron Fist will not return for a third season on Netflix,” said the Disney-owned comic giant and the streamer in a joint statement to Deadline today. “Everyone at Marvel Television and Netflix is proud of the series and grateful for all of the hard work from our incredible cast, crew and showrunners,” Marvel and Netflix added. “We’re thankful to the fans who have watched these two seasons, and for the partnership we’ve shared on this series. While the series on Netflix has ended, the immortal Iron Fist will live on.”
The comment seems to suggest that while the show is cancelled that doesn’t mean that the character is going anywhere. They could easily decide to do a Power Man and Iron Fist team-up show or maybe they will do a Daughter of the Dragon team-up after the events of the second season of Iron Fist. That would make for an interesting dynamic.
At the moment there is a third season of Jessica Jones in the works, a second season of The Punisher set to drop sometime next year, and a third season of Daredevil set to drop on the 19th of this month. At the moment Luke Cage is currently in limbo as far as whether or not it will see a third season. Some fans were expecting Marvel to announce renewals at New York Comic Con but they decided against it.
- Netflix Officially Cancels Marvel's Daredevil After 3 Seasons
- 'Marvel's Luke Cage': Mike Colter Posts Heartfelt Life Update
- Hellboy Gets a New Poster, Trailer Coming This Thursday - December 17, 2018
- Aquaman Director James Wan Was Given the Opportunity to Direct The Flash - December 16, 2018
- Amy Adams Clarifies That She Isn’t Officially out of the DC Universe - December 16, 2018
- From Spider-Ham to Sinister Six Sony Isn’t Ruling Anything out for Future Movies - December 14, 2018
- First Details for the Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse Sequel and Spin-Off are Confirmed - December 14, 2018