The devs at Cloud Imperium Games dropped some new info this week about Star Citizen and the upcoming 3.3 update for backers. The company revealed the new content, being called Squadron 42, which will drop in December. They even included a new trailer, which you can watch below, featuring the voices of Mark Hamill, Gillian Anderson, Gary Oldman, Mark Strong, and Henry Cavill as part of the cast. We also have some details about the 3.3 update itself.
Alpha 3.3 adds several key features to the game:
- FoIP – you plug in your webcam, and your character will mimic your own facial expressions, track your lips for speaking, etc.
- FPS AI – AI enemies now populate the vast regions of the ever-expanding Stanton System and are featured in missions across the verse
- Object Container Streaming – this key background tech controls how much of the game’s massive universe must be loaded by player’s CPU, and has lead to significant performance gains in testing environments. Users are reporting an approximate 100% increase in frames per second (ie. up to 60 FPS from 30, 120 from 60, etc.)
- Numerous new ships and weapons (for more information on these, click here.)
- The Last Lying In The Gutters Before San Diego Comic-Con
- Cloud Imperium Games Shows Off Star Citizen's 3.3 Update
- Star Citizen Teases Alpha Version 3.2 at the PC Gaming Show
- Cloud Imperium Has Nearly 500 Employees Working On Star Citizen
- Cloud Imperium Games Releases A New Star Citizen Alpha 3.0 Video
- The Fallout 76 Beta is Now Officially Online for Download - October 17, 2018
- The Stanley Parable Now Unlocks a Specific Anniversary Achievement - October 17, 2018
- Xbox and Taco Bell Have Partnered Again to Give Away Platinum Consoles - October 17, 2018
- Battlefield V Single Player Trailer Released - October 17, 2018
- Sean Bean is Announced as the First Hitman 2 Elusive Target - October 17, 2018